Docks in Fog
These docks are along Hamlin Creek on the Isle of Palms, SC. The creek is the back or non-ocean side of Isle of Palms with Little Goat Island across the creek.
Originally, the 7-mile long and 1-mile (max.) wide island was named Hunting Island and then long Island. The Seewee Indians initially inhabited this area. The island was significant during the Civil War as the port of departure for the CSS Hunley, the first submarine to sink an enemy vessel.
J. S. Lawrence, renamed it Isle of Palms, purchased the land in 1899.
Charleston photographsCharleston black and white photographsdocksfogIsle of Palmsmarsh Charleston monochrome photographs